Best Hospitals in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania has hundreds of hospitals that specialize in all sorts of treatments and areas of care.
With that in mind, we put together a list of the state's best hospitals so that you can obtain health care at a world-class facility that caters to your medical needs.
How many hospitals are in Pennsylvania?
There are more than 235 hospitals across the Keystone State. Each of them offers and specializes in a variety of treatments.
While looking for one in your area, you want to make sure that it provides the services that you need and, just as importantly, has a renowned reputation for giving patients high-quality care in multiple fields.
The Best Hospitals in Pennsylvania
The list below includes five of the most reputable hospitals in Pennsylvania. For each institution, we go over what makes it stand out and provide you with their contact details.
1. The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian
According to Newsweek Magazine's 'World Best Hospitals 2021' rankings, the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian is the 16th and 61st best hospital in the U.S. and the world, respectively.
Here is what this facility is renowned for:
- They created one of the first coronary care units in the country.
- Their robotic-assisted surgeries make them a regional leader in embracing technology.
- The hospital has staff that are well-versed in many treatment methods and specialties.
- Their campus includes a 178,000 square-foot acute care building and Penn Medicine's Level 1 Trauma Center.
You can use the following contact information to get in touch with the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian:
- Phone Number: 215-662-8000
- Address: 51 N. 39th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
2. UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside
U.S. News & World Report named UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as the number one hospital in Pittsburgh and gave 10 of their adult treatment specialties a national ranking.
This teaching hospital has physician and nurse education programs. It is also Magnet-designated, which means that it received the highest international recognition thanks to its nursing excellence and leadership.
Here is how you can contact UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside:
- Phone Number: 412-623-2121
- Address: 5230 Centre Ave. Pittsburgh, PA 15232
3. Jefferson Health-Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals
Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals is part of Jefferson Health, a provider with a presence in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
When it comes to Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals, they are well-known for:
- At Jefferson Urgent Care, patients can treat a host of injuries and medical conditions without having to go to the emergency room.
- They have a comprehensive weight management center.
- Through JeffConnect, an online platform, you may obtain care and talk to a specialist from any location and at any time.
- They offer educational events and opportunities for people to join support groups.
This facility's contact information is as follows:
- Phone Number: (215) 955-6000
- Address: 111 S 11th St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
4. Lancaster General Hospital
At the Lancaster General Hospital, you will have access to many high-quality inpatient and outpatient care options. Its 525-bed building can help those that have issues related to cardiology, orthopedics, pediatrics, trauma, and more.
This nonprofit medical institution attained various awards and forms of recognition, among them are:
- Being ranked as the fourth best hospital in the state during 2021 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Obtaining the Magnet designation on five occasions, which is awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Having a reputation of performing highly in a lot of fields and specialties.
You may use the following phone number and/or address to connect with the Lancaster General Hospital:
- Phone Number: 717-544-5511
- Address: 555 North Duke Street, Lancaster, PA 17602
5. Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest
Here is the hospital's contact information:
- Phone Number: 610-402-8000
- Address: 1200 South Cedar Crest Blvd, Allentown, PA 18103-6202
To summarize this article in a few words, our list of the best hospitals in Pennsylvania should provide you with many options to choose from (based on the type of medical care that you need) and, at the same time, give you the peace of mind of knowing that you will be treated in one of the leading entities in the state (if not the country).